Warranty & Repairs
Montana Silversmiths® stands behind the quality and workmanship of our products. Product deemed to have a manufacturer defect will be repaired or replaced without question or charge.
* Limited warranty does not cover normal wear, excessive wear, damage caused by abuse, misuse, improper handling, loss, accident, alterations, neglect or disassembly. Cosmetic damage which occurs over time and normal use, such as scratches on the finish or instances of the coating rubbing or wearing off are normal and are not covered by warranty.*
No credits will be given for warranty claims. Warranty claims will be replaced or repaired at Montana Silversmiths discretion.
Products damaged in shipping will be repaired or replaced when returned within 30 days of delivery.
All associated freight costs are the responsibility of the consumer. Return shipping and handling for all products is $12.99.
The following return guidelines by category apply to requests by consumers for returned product due to manufacturer's defect discovered after purchase and/or the scope of product warranty due to normal wear and tear.
New custom buckles that have engraving or raised letter errors will have to be remade. Errors made by Montana Silversmiths are the responsibility of Montana Silversmiths and will be remade at our cost. Errors on behalf of the dealer or consumer will be charged to remake the buckle, including the cost of all engraving and/or raised letters. Normal fees apply for buckles returned for refinishing due to normal wear and tear.
- Sterling / Designer / Elite Buckles ... $75.00
- Tri-color and Black Nickel Plated Buckles ... $40.00
- German Silver and Sterling Silver Plated Buckles ... $35.00
Engraving, Lettering, and Figures:
- Figures and letters, and engraved ribbons are soldered on, and so changes require rebuilding the buckle from scratch. Please fill out the returns form for a quote.
Discontinued styles or parts may not be available.
- Jewelry replacement due to normal wear and tear ... $35.00
- Bolo cord and tip replacement ... $15.00
Classic Montana and Montana Time Watches Replacement:
Watches that are out of 1-year warranty cannot be replaced or repaired. Internal components cannot be replaced individually.
- Classic Montana Timepiece Body Replacement*
- Montana Time Body Replacement*
*Please call customer service: 1(855)358-5002 for availability and timepiece replacement
Pocket Watches Replacements:
- Pocket Watches ... $45.00
Warranty & Repair Form
Buckles Warranty Qualifications
- Trophy, Custom and Classic Buckles have a lifetime limited* warranty against manufacturer's defects when accompanied by a receipt.
- Attitude Buckles have a one (1) year limited warranty against manufacturer's defects when registered online or accompanied by a receipt.
Jewelry Warranty Qualifications
- Montana Silversmiths Signature jewelry and accessories have a lifetime limited* warranty against manufacturer's defects when accompanied by a receipt.
- All Attitude Jewelry has a thirty (30) day limited warranty on manufacturing defects when accompanied by a receipt.
Watches Warranty Qualifications
- All watches have a one (1) year limited* warranty on manufacturing defects when accompanied by a receipt.
- Leather, Crystals and Batteries are not covered under the warranty.
We are sorry you are experiencing trouble with your Montana Silversmiths product. Since we are so confident in the quality of our products, we will strive to assure a happy experience.
To claim a warranty repair or replacement on your gift or purchase, please fill out the online form on this page.
Upon receipt of your initial warranty claim, the Montana Silversmiths repairs team will
- Review the information
- Assign a Return Authorization Number(RMA)
- Contact you with next steps information and shipping instructions
When submitting your warranty claim, please include a picture of the product (included as part of the online form) to help our repairs team better assess and advise on how the warranty claim will be handled.
All return shipments must be accompanied by a (RMA) Return Merchandise Authorization Number, which will be given to you when you file your warranty claim.
Including an RMA on your return package is important so that our repairs team is able to process product returns to the correct person.
All associated freight costs are the responsibility of the consumer.
If your item falls within the warranty it will be repaired or replaced at no charge to you.
For those cherished items that are beyond the warranty period or scope, we will repair your item as best as possible and advise you of any minimal charges. In the event that a product or style has been discontinued, Montana Silversmiths will substitute a replacement item of similar value at our discretion.